Zürich Networking Group Event : Early Bird Coffee – November 2018 – Stadelhofen – Pay as you eat or drink
Event Category: Early Bird Coffee
- Part of the regular “Wednesday” coffee morning event series, a group of people come together for an informal chat over a coffee. Attendees are open to let the topics and discussions flow and do their best to share advice, insider tips or to answer informational requests from others.
- Brasserie Bar Schiller / Goethe Bar
- Directions: Goethe Bar – nearest train – Stadelhofen – tram Opera Haus ( next to tram stop – lake side) . Inside – We are on the long high table usually at the end furthest from the door you walk in through to get into the bar.
- Google map link: click here
- Nil – Pay for what you eat or drink
- Informal chat over a coffee, see where it goes and the topics covered are varied as are the requests for advice.
Zürich Networking Group Registered Members only?:
- No – open to anyone who registers and confirms
- Name: Andrew Travers
- A bit about the host: Andrew is a sales, marketing and recruitment professional with a wide range of business experience. He sort of knows Zürich quite well and knows others in the group who can provide really good “insider” perspectives or advice.
- Any queries, please call or message Andrew – see contact info
About: The Boston School teaches students in-company or at agreed locations in-person or online. More information and student resources can be found in The Boston School blog.
“Blockchain – Explained” – Network Night
Speaker: Rasmus Heskier Schiønning – CEO – TRINTCO
Acknowledged trusted advisor for large international corporates within Business Transformation and Financial Value Chain. As part of his work he coaches corporates in relation to new technologies & systems, future knowledge requirements, change and transformation approaches.
Having a long track records across +100 projects, +20 industries and +80 countries, Rasmus has a good understanding of listeners context and are able to explain complex concepts and value in a straight forward manner.
To see more about Rasmus, then look at his linkedIn profile https://ch.linkedin.com/in/rasmusheskier/en
Evening Format – Details
Join us at the Karl der Grosse (see signage as you enter) for a night of networking and a presentation from well known group member and company executive who will answer your Blockchain questions, so please do bring along a few with you.
18:30 – Arrival
18:45 – Introduction / Overview
19:00 – Blockchain presentation / discussions & QA ( Latest time to arrive )
20:00 – Short break
20:10 – Blockchain continued
20:45 – Post Event Information Distribution / Future Event
20:55 – Close – downstairs for drinks / Evening Follow-On
- No need to sell in the room, get to know those around you.
- The dress code is Business / Smart Casual
- We will provide name tags for everyone that attends
- Make sure you bring enough business cards.
Time is Precious:
- Event is from 6:30 PM to …… Please make an effort to come on time so everyone benefits but feel free to stay as long as you like.
- Space is limited, make sure to secure your spot before we ran out! RSVPing without payment will not guarantee you on the list.
Please purchase tickets using PayPal or email firstname.lastname@example.org for your invoice (Associate or Supporter / Supporter Plus members only) so please register as an Associate on the website if new and seeking to pay by invoice.
We look forward to seeing you there
Room Location – Erkerzimmer
Contact lead generation like candidate sourcing is for specific profiles, experience or roles. It is simple in theory but every now and again the results are not as we would like.
LinkedIn is seemingly saturated, responses slow and yet when others like me receive messages and wonder why or worse, is the person using a third party to generate their contacts. An example from 2019 is from a recruiter:
I hope you’re well. I’m currently expanding my network of Networking related consultants and managers in the DACH region and notice you have Cisco certificates. As such I would like us to connect for new work opportunities now or in the future.
The person thinks of connections as a source of potential candidates. This is why we have this session because for every successful outcome, there are others who are not successful and worse still, some are left thinking why are they connecting to me, will they even follow-up?
Who should attend?
Those engaged in recruitment of staff or candidates for clients, sales managers seeking to improve performance and effectiveness in their sales conversion of better quality leads.
Who should not attend
Anyone interested in a loose network who thinks making a connection is being busy and is real relationship building.
What do I need to bring?
Paper, pen and your laptop, tablet or Smartphone to access the Internet during the sessions if you feel the need. We will work in pairs or smaller groups at times.
What to expect:
- 18:30 arrival and split into 2 groups on 2 tables of 10
- 18:35 Introduction
- 18:40 Short intro round table session so everyone knows everyone else
- 18:50 Session 1 Overview and start – Outreach and contact “the basics”
- 19:20 Session 1 close – Assessment and feedback
- 19:30 Grab a coffee / refreshment break
- 19:40 Session 2 – Sourcing Candidates / Contacts 1 – Tips and tricks
- 20:10 Session 3 – Sourcing Candidates / Contacts 2 – Using a chosen method and style
- 20:30 Review and close
- Requirements for follow-up
- Provide protected page resources available on the website
- 20:45 Close
( After the close we can have a drink downstairs or you choose to leave)
Who will lead the sessions?
- Member since 2003 and involved in 3 rounds of discussions and contributions related to LinkedIn Groups as a “super user.”
- Group creator, unlisted and standard including the local Zürich Networking Group – 2 over 30,000 members and niche.
- Training has been provided on request – CEO / Executive teams, for HR and Sales – in/outside Switzerland.
- LinkedIn user for sales, start-up and large corporate, recruitment, lead generation, finance raising, general chit chat keeping in touch and referring across my network. Made mistakes, used the Premium, Recruiter and other services, on free option today.
Why should you invest your time and energy?
You may already be having great success, a nice well known brand to help you, yet at the same time there may be one or three things you are missing out on. In 3 hours of your time you will be able to think differently and have more success.
This in turn will save you even more time and make you successful whilst bringing into your local circle others who may be able to help you in other ways.
Any questions or special requests? Email Andrew please