Rasmus has 28 years of business experience, selling consulting services within 20+ industries, enabling business transformation by using new technology and changing corporate mindset about processes, organisation and systems.
During his work he has sold, implemented and rolled out solutions in more than 80 countries, on behalf of the global fortune 500 companies.
#004 – In this podcast Andrew and Rasmus will discuss how Blockchain is applied by the Pharma industry.
Rasmus touches upon how pharma seeks to use Blockchain and its status of adoption.
One example, Mediledger and its use of Ethereum for a successful solution of the problem of returning unwanted drugs back to the distributor by pharmacies will be highlighted.
The show notes below include points of reference for listeners who will learn a little about the benefits of drug track and trace. An important topic to the FDA and EU who seek to save millions of dollars or euros in labour cost savings arising from improved drug and supply chain management.
Questions covered include:
- 01:10 – Healthcare and Pharma – Differences explained
- 01:58 – Parties to Blockchain triangle – Consumer, Pharma and Government
- 02:30 – Does Pharma need Blockchain – Is it relevant?
- 03:08 – FDA or government influence upon Pharma
- 04:00 – Relevance of Blockchain for Pharma
- 05:50 – Blockchain validations for trials and vaccines
- 08:15 – Real life situation – The safe return of drugs
- 11:27 – Mediledger and Patient Data Electronic Records
- 14:00 – The Pharma Clinical Supply Chain Working Group
- 16:34 – Alliance effectiveness – IBM and Ethereum
- 17:41 – Collaborative or independent initiatives for Blockchain adoption
- 18:48 – Foodtrust Comparison – vaccines and supply chain
- 19:51 – What is holding Pharma back from embracing Blockchain?
- 22:00 – Rasmus shares his perspective on the future of Pharma and Blockchain
Content Reference / Useful Links in Red:
HBR.org – Why Big Pharma Is Betting on Blockchain
FDA – Food and Drug Supply Act – 2013
EU – Falsified Medicines Legislation and Directives
The MediLedger Network – A Decentralised Network for the Pharmaceutical Industry
Why not subscribe?
If you liked this podcast, the please subscribe and be in the loop of new podcasts when they are announced.
We will not spam, sell or misuse your contact details, rather try to keep you updated in an easy way