Date(s) - 15/10/2020
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Zentrum Karl der Grosse
Masterclass places are limited because this is an in-person small event and for all who attend, you will:
- Have your questions answered about LinkedIn
- Know how best to control your own profile and its content
- Learn more about LinkedIn job posts and access a job post recruiter account to understand the red flags and LinkedIn limitations affecting your application
THIS IS NOT A LinkedIn Playbook Exercise – I actually recruit and have LinkedIn groups which are alive and well and grow daily. I also have other LinkedIn experience that no-one else in Switzerland has or is ever likely to have (good and bad).
BUT this is not about me.
What will you learn about for giving up 2.5 hrs of your time and paying to attend?
- Understand what job you are looking for and its attributes
- Understand the new LinkedIn – Relationship, Relevance and Reward
- How to tweak your profile for best results – are you over 50? have you just graduated? It does not matter, your personality is key and your experience is your content
- How to ignore and create a profile of value with a simple connection and profile boost strategy
- What you need to know about LinkedIn AI – before you send your application.
- More – questions from those in the room add a great dynamic and help others to learn.
What will you need to attend?
- Note taking materials – pen, paper etc.
- Linkedin account ( do not worry if it is old or basic)
- Facemask optional – Let us respect choice, we will be respecting Karl der Grosse social distancing rules in the room
- Refreshment – please bring your own or collect a drink from the bar
My name is Andrew Travers and you are reading this because I created the Zürich Networking Group and because you and I have already shared part of a journey together as you read this to learn more.
My work on LinkedIn has included sales, business development, recruitment, training and competitor mapping. I have also contributed in a “feedback cluster” of group managers on the 2015 and 2018 LinkedIn updates (I will not do it again). I do not make a living marketing the “LinkedIn Playbook” in its different flavours, but I do get hired to provide insight and to solve issues and problems.
You and I both know it is an important jobs platform, it is now over 15 years old and continues to grow. It is a tool for job hiring, yet at the same time it serves only to get you an interview with a hiring manager, no more.
Why in-person and a small group especially now?
Try, Practice and Do – There is no point attending an online training session and then not acting on the new knowledge.
Past experience tells me questions from those I have trained have little to do with the LinkedIn profile and more how to use LinkedIn effectively or simply in a time efficient way. On Friday and over the weekend you can prepare for a weekend of action and job seeking activity, with I hope an improved strategy and plan.
But what if you have questions afterwards?
There is no secret Facebook group, you will have the Zürich Networking Group website forum and other resources and contact tools.
A new LinkedIn for job seekers section in the forum will be activated after this workshop. It will not contain all the information from the masterclass, so please remember to take some notes of your own.
It is why if you were not a Supporter member before you signed up for this Masterclass, your payment ensures you can benefit from the group in a proactive way after the event and in the future.
I cannot make it on the 15th and I have a question – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More will be explained on the night, I hope to see you on the 15th.
Bookings are closed for this event.