For RAV registration the following documents should documents be available.
RAV will advise more precisely what they need and may want you to post or email scanned copies to them:
- Foreigner’s identification card (B, L or C permit)
- Work contract
- Termination letter
- AHV grey card or medical insurance card with AHV number
- Your complete application file i.e. CV, reference letters and certificates/diplomas
- List of applications made to-date
- Registration of your current address
To understand how the RAV works and its processes, please consider working through this simple e-learning course (multiple language choices):
At the end of the course, email the certificate to your own email for possible later use.
Many group members have been through issues related to unemployment and recruiter ageism in Switzerland ( contrary to the efforts of companies to “gloss” over this or the authorities efforts to overcome it). Common advice from group members includes:
- Do not delay a job search and wait to send applications, start sending applications immediately.
- If you are short of 12 months of working in Switzerland, you will need to obtain a PD U1 form from the employment office in the last EU country you worked in. It will help you in your claim for unemployment payments in Switzerland, even if not asked for it, consider getting it as a fail-safe.
- Do not quit your job. It has an impact on the benefits you will receive and how long you may have to wait. At times of stress like 2012 or 2008, it is possible that your employer will put you on short-time-work (Kurzarbeit) and you will still be employed but not working.
- Use RAV’s job-room.ch to help locate a new position (update Mar 2020 – system being overwhelmed due to Coronavirus job claims and use)